The Friends of Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park are delivering 'Nature and Us', a community cohesion project funded by Tower Hamlets Council. It will be delivered in two focus areas: (1) Aldgate East, Whitechapel and Shadwell; and (2) Mile End and Stepney.
'Nature and Us' brings the local community together through nature; creating green spaces for people to enjoy, developing people's skills in local nature and delivering fun nature-based activities. The project is FREE and open to all who live, work or study in the areas listed above.
We have a range of participants and volunteers involved in the project, and we partner with organisations such as schools, community groups and businesses. Events range from bulb planting, minibeast hunts, natural arts and crafts, as well as courses to improve your nature based skills.
FREE UPCOMING EVENTS 2019
Friday 5th April 2019; 4pm-5:30pm
• Help us plant wildflowers in Swedenborg Gardens (plants and equipment provided).
• Meet at the Wellclose Square entrance to Swedenborg Gardens, E1 8HY.
Wednesday 10th April 2019; 10:30am-12pm
• Stroll around Mile End Park discovering and learning about local birds.
• Meet at Mile End Park, at the end of Hamlets Way, E3 4TL.
Spring Tree and Bird Walk
Wednesday 10th April 2019; 1pm-2:30pm
• Discover local trees and birds as we stroll through St. George-in-the-East and Swedenborg Gardens.
If you would like to join us as a partner, a volunteer, or tell us what events you would like to see advertised, please do not hesitate to call us on 0208 983 1277 or email email@example.com. Below you can subscribe to the 'Nature and Us' mailing list, through which you will automatically be updated on our FREE event.